To succeed in the new economy, your e-business depends on application integration, specifically, integration of back-end legacy systems with Web-based e-business applications. As the complexity of these Web-based applications evolve, the business transactions supported by these applications often require direct integration with existing mainframe legacy applications. In order to meet the rigorous demands for fast and flawless request execution, e-business transactions must integrate with mainframe applications in real time.
Schemaware jCopybook2Java™ helps to fulfill this requirement by providing bi-directional, request-response integration between J2EE/Java applications and mainframe applications. With jCopybook2Java™, you can extend the life of existing mainframe applications by integrating them with J2EE applications in protocol independent way. You could use Messaging (Asynchronous) or TCP/IP (Synchronous) for communication between your J2EE application and Mainframe application.
The following diagram gives an overview of Schemaware jCopybook2Java™ components:
Generated Java Class Hierarchy:
Schemaware jCopybook2Java™ delivers the following business benefits to help your e-business grow and succeed:
- Leverage existing IT investments with fast, easy integration of mainframe application functionality into Java/J2EE environments. Schemaware jCopybook2Java enables mainframe applications to be invoked from the J2EE environment. This frees your developers to focus on building new applications that focus on your competitive edge, rather than creating and maintaining a custom mainframe integration solution.
- Generate Java Classes from your mainframe application source code. The jCopybook2Java Application Generator development tool generates Java classes from COBOL data structure definitions. These generated classes contain the data translation code needed to translate data between Java and COBOL data types. This enables your development team to avoid having to modify your existing mainframe applications, and focus on developing new applications.
- Data translation between Java, XML, and COBOL mainframe data types (packed decimal, arrays, enumeration and occurs) and full EBCDIC conversion are supported.
- Works with any of your exiting mainframe connectivity infrastructure such as MQ Series.
- Have various Copybook data Readers and writers such as 'Fixed Value Length', 'Key (Fixed)-Value', �Key (variable)-value' and XML.
- Generates Java classes for given copybook format.
- Custom J2EE application (Web application, WebService and EJB) generators available.
- Supports various copybook data types such as PIC, CMP2, CMP3 Redefine, Binary and etc.
- Supports copybook enumeration field (88).