To succeed in the new economy, your e-business depends on application integration, specifically, integration of back-end legacy systems with Web-based e-business applications. As the complexity of these Web-based applications evolve, the business transactions supported by these applications often require direct integration with existing mainframe legacy applications. In order to meet the rigorous demands for fast and flawless request execution, e-business transactions must integrate with mainframe applications in real time.
Schemaware Copybook2CSharp™ helps to fulfill this requirement by providing bi-directional, request-response integration between Microsoft .NET applications and mainframe applications. With Copybook2CSharp™, you can extend the life of existing mainframe applications by integrating them with .NET applications in protocol independent way. You could use Messaging (Asynchronous) or TCP/IP (Synchronous) for communication between your .NET application and Mainframe application.
The following diagram gives an overview of Schemaware Copybook2CSharp™ components:
Generated C# Class Hierarchy:
Schemaware Copybook2CSharp™ delivers the following business benefits to help your e-business grow and succeed:
- Leverage existing IT investments with fast, easy integration of mainframe application functionality into .NET environments. Schemaware Copybook2CSharp enables mainframe applications to be invoked from the .NET environment. This frees your developers to focus on building new applications that focus on your competitive edge, rather than creating and maintaining a custom mainframe integration solution.
- Generate C# Classes from your mainframe application source code. The Copybook2CSharp Application Generator development tool generates C# classes from COBOL data structure definitions. These generated classes contain the data translation code needed to translate data between c# and COBOL data types. This enables your development team to avoid having to modify your existing mainframe applications, and focus on developing new applications.
- Data translation between C#, XML, and COBOL mainframe data types (packed decimal, arrays, enumeration and occurs) and full EBCDIC conversion are supported.
- Works with any of your exiting mainframe connectivity infrastructure such as MQ Series.
- Have various Copybook data Readers and writers such as 'Fixed Value Length', 'Key (Fixed)-Value', �Key (variable)-value' and XML.
- Generates Java classes for given copybook format.
- Custom .NET application (Web application, WebService and VB App) generators available.
- Supports various copybook data types such as PIC, CMP2, CMP3 Redefine, Binary and etc.
- Supports copybook enumeration field (88).