CopybookMapper™ For Database
For most IT professionals, "taming the beast" means finding solutions to help unlock mainframe programs and make them available to newer applications. Schemaware provides set of tools to help you to migrate your mainframe data to RDBMS of your choice. So that you could develop web based applications using latest technologies such as J2EE and .NET.
CopybookMapper™ for Database provides
an intuitive, drag-and-drop approach to create mappings between
an input document and an output document, each of which may
be either a database schema or a COBOL copybook documents.
Once created, mapping definitions can be used to generate
Mapper Java classes or Mapper C# classes or
both. At runtime you could either use generated Mapper
Java classes or Mapper C# classes to convert the
data from one format to another.
It supports the following data transformation or feature
- Database to COBOL copybook
- COBOL copybook to Database
- Mainframe Migration to RDBMS
- Drag and drop-mapping an input to an output can be done just by dragging an input field and drop this field onto an output field.
- Generates Mapper Java/C# classes.
- Non Java application such as .Net, C, C++ can also do the data transformation using 'Mapper XSLs'.
- Works with any RDBMS.
- Available as an Eclipse Plug-in.
- Graphical representation of database Schema (TreeTable and Tree View) - Provides easy navigation of schema element.
- Graphical representation of Cobol copybook format (TreeTable and Tree View) - Provides easy navigation of copybook
- Provides graphical view on how fields are mapped from one format to another format.
- Provides way to access the schema /copybook field properties.
- Integrates other tools.
- Unit test can be done using generated Mapper classes or Mapper XSLs
- Advanced Mapping can be implemented by using 'Custom Mapping feature', which generated custom transformation class template.
- Includes a rich set of Translation API for both types of transformations.